Lets see if I can remember what we did!
Our first stop of the day was Mill Canyon Dinosaur Trail about miles outside of Moab. I had read about it in a book about the area. The actual thing was much better then the book said. They had markers pointing out the dinosaur bones and telling about how they got there and what kind of dinosaurs they were. It was great, I highly recommend going there next time you are near Moab.
Greta is pointing out a dinosaur bone!
Oliver had a great time too!
My boys!
After the dinosaur bones we went 4 wheeling in the Cruiser up Long Canyon/Pucker Pass to get to the Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands!
Somehow Oliver fell asleep even with all the bumping around.
Holden overlooking Canyonlands, it was pretty cold up there, and raining in the distance.
Eating lunch on the tailgate.
The entrance to Canyonlands
Mesa Arch
Along the trail from the arch, Greta got to be line leader, after a lot of squealing!
After a stop in Moab for Tee shirts and dinner we went to Arches!
Greta was so excited to play in the "Sandbox" at Sand Dune Arch. I made the mistake of telling Greta we would be going to a sandbox at the beginning of the day, which meant she asked about it all day long! I think it lived up to her expectations.
Hiking out to Broken Arch.
Greta was leaving us drawings in the sand so we could find our way back.
Broken Arch, the kids and I are in there if you look closely.
Sunset
It was a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment