Thursday, August 27, 2009

the First Month

Hi, I can't believe a whole month has gone by, it has been fast and slow all at the same time. Greta is doing well, Holden is a great big brother, and Noah and I are surviving.

Greta is already a daddy's girl, she has responded to his voice since she was born, and he can calm her down much better then I can. Here she is looking up at him. Since she lost more then 10% of her birth weight before leaving the hospital we have had to have weight checks with her Dr. which was good, but also stressful for me because she wasn't gaining weight! She didn't loose any weight but did not gain any till she was almost 3 weeks old.
Holden loves being a big brother! This is the furthest away from her he ever is.
Getting a good picture of two kids at the same time is impossible. Holden loves to hold Greta, and he is so good at making sure he is supporting her head, and not moving her around too much.
Greta is usually very patient with her big brother.
Even when he tries to kiss her!
Here he is feeding her. Because she wasn't gaining weight we have had to supplement her feedings, which Holden thinks is great because he can feed her a bottle.
Two sleeping kids how cute!
Greta wasn't the only one with an exciting month. Holden had a really bad asthma attack on the 13Th, at the doctors office they checked his oxygen level and it was very low even after giving him medicine so we ended up going to Primary Children's ER via ambulance! They wouldn't let me drive him myself because his oxygen level was so low. I of course did not have my camera with me at the Dr's office so I have no pictures of Holden's ambulance ride or first ER visit. How lucky am I to get to ride in an ambulance twice in one month?!
Back to fun stuff here is Greta's first bath in the sink, she was not so sure about the faucet, but loved being in the water.
And of course Holden got to help.
finally she just looked to cute and peaceful wrapped up and asleep. I wish all our days were more like this picture. At least our nights usually are pretty uneventful, she is sleeping about 6 hours at night and then eats and falls back to sleep for a couple more, which is wonderful!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

She is so cute! How lucky are you that she is sleeping so well. When Spencer was born they made me wake him up to feed him because he lost so much weight. Good luck with the weight gain. It is a long road. Spencer was about 2 months old before I could stop feeding him every 2 hours. But she is so cute, and Holden looks like a great big brother. Congrats.

Unknown said...

ok, just so you know murray parkway is Kirsten, I forgot Scot was signed in.

Angela said...

Such cute pictures!!! I'm glad I got to see them. Some of Greta's facial expressions are so funny!

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

She is so beautiful-she reminds me a lot of Joel's little Blythe, which would mean she looks like a Burkhart!

I still can't believe the drama of her birth-how scary! But lucky that you have a talented mother who was a mid-wife and got you through the whole ordeal. You're wonder woman in my book!

-Laurel Hansen King