Thursday, July 30, 2009

Baby Pictures

Hi. Here are some pictures from the last week. And I suppose an explanation of her birth is in order. She was due on the 21st but decided to wait till the 24th to be born. On the 24th I woke up at 6:30AM with some hard contractions, about 10 min apart. By 7:30 they were about 4-5 min apart, so we started to get ready to go. I called my mom and told her to come over and bring someone to watch Holden. Then I had some really hard contractions, that pretty much had no down time in between. When my mom got here I was in the bathroom trying not to push. She assessed the situation and asked Noah how long it took to get to the hospital and told him that we were not going to make it to the hospital. They started getting ready to have the baby at home, and I got as far as the hallway. Noah called 911, while my mom coached me. The Paramedics arrived and had just enough time to unload the baby kit, and then she was out at 8:46AM. So my mom delivered her (she has had plenty of experience delivering babies so she knew what she was doing) It really was a good delivery even with 5 paramedics me, my mom, Noah and my sister in our little hallway. Luckily during all of this Holden was watching TV. He didn't even notice all the firemen till Noah brought his new little sister in to show him. Then Greta, Noah and I rode in the ambulance to the hospital. So she even got to be in her own parade for her birthday!
I don't have any pictures of the chaos in our house because our camera was already in the car. Shauna's blog has a couple from the excitement, if you want to check it out.
Once at the hospital they figured out my blood pressure was very high, which means I was pre-eclampsic. Which may be part of the reason Greta wanted to get out so fast. So anyway that meant I had to be on an IV for my whole stay.

This is the last belly shot.
Here is Holden and Greta once we got to the hospital. He is so excited to have a baby sister.
She has such big eyes, everyone in the hospital commented on how bright eyed she is.
Holden dressed himself the next day to come and visit, and this is what he chose for the 100 deg. weather!
Holden and his little sister again, he has been making up and singing her the cutest songs about how much her family loves her and how cute she is.
She has a ton more hair then Holden did!
Oh and you can see the IV in her arm, she had one high temperature reading so she had to stay in the hospital an additional 3 days to get antibiotics and have tests run. It turned out that they couldn't find anything wrong with her. It was pretty stressful for us though. Luckily they let us stay in the hospital as a "Hotel stay" so I could still feed her and we had our own room, so at least I didn't have to leave the hospital without my baby.
Here she is being wide awake!
This is the outfit she was supposed to go home in, but she pooped all over it 5 minutes before we left.
So this is what she got to wear instead, because I only had one outfit with me the nurse brought us these pants that had been donated, I would be pretty upset if I had to wear them too.
So that was our hospital stay. We are all doing really well now that we are home and no one is poking or prodding us. So we will be hiding out at home for a few weeks recovering from all that excitement.

4 comments:

Susan G. said...

WOW!! What an exciting adventure!! Glad it all turned out alright. Thanks for sharing the story. So glad you are all home and doing well.

beckee said...

Congrats!! My mom called and told me about your mom's excitement over having delivered her granddaughter! That will be an often retold family story I am sure!! She is adorable!

mary lynne said...

New babies are seldom this photogenic. She is really beautiful! What a neat story. You and your cousin Suzanne were both born the same year and now you have had miracle babies the same month! Suzanne's Brecon was born July 6 in DC. He's doing well, too, and is adorable. We were there and for his blessing Aug. 2, too.

Chrispy Critter said...

Holy smokes, that is quite a story! Is there anything your mom can't do?

Congrats!
Chris Rich