Monday, September 6, 2010

The First day of Kindergarten!

Holden has started Kindergarten! I can't believe my little boy is so grown up. He was so excited to start, he got up extra early that morning and got dressed, which was great but I was not going to let him wear a sponge bob square pants shirt to school. So I talked him into choosing one of his new kindergarten shirts. The waking up early also made for a very grumpy little boy that evening. 
Here is my little boy all ready to go.
 
He picked out his backpack a few weeks ago. He loves it, the best $2.50 I ever spent!
Finally at school. I am so excited to not be driving to school everyday!
He was a little shy/nervous when we first got there, but after giving Greta and me hugs and kisses he was great.
of course the camera wasn't on when I was trying to get a picture of him walking into the classroom, if you look closely you can see him in there.

Greta is not so sure about leaving Holden at the school, the whole walk home she yells for him.
Greta loves books so when we got home one day she sat down at her table and read her books, in peace. I guess there are some benefits to not having Holden at home.
She is just like her mom and sticks out her tongue when she is concentrating, what a smart little girl.

No comments: