Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween 2010!

This year Holden has wanted to be a Hideous Zippleback dragon from "How To Train Your Dragon" ever since he saw the movie back in march! I thought he would forget about that or come up with something else by Halloween, but I should have know better, of course he remembered! So I spent a month trying to figure out how I was going to make a two headed dragon! I had some great ideas from my mom and Noah, did a lot of online searches on how to make a Muppet, and the movie website was my homepage for a while. Thanks to everyone who gave me ideas. Here is how it turned out. I think it is pretty cool if I do say so myself. And Holden loved it which is all that really matters!
In case you have been living under a rock and have not seen the movie(you really should see it, it is soo good!) 'the Hideous Zippleback does not breath fire it creates explosions, one head breaths gas and the other head lights it'. (which is why there are sparks coming out of one of the mouths)
Since Holden was a dragon I decided the rest of us needed to be Vikings!! Holden thought we should all be dragons, but one dragon costume was enough for me. Here is Greta as Astrid from the movie. My sister Shauna made her boots and skirt which both turned out so cute, thanks Shauna. I just did the "wig".
She loved wearing the wig, when we showed her in the mirror she would say 'pretty' and when I took it off her she would pat her head and say 'hat' or try to put it back on herself.
Noah and I were also vikings but I don't have pictures of us yet, our costumes were pretty cool too.
And finally here are this year's Jack-O-Lanterns. Mine of course is a dragon(the one from the website that appears while a page is loading, I saw it a lot this past month).
Here is Holden with his.
Happy Halloween, I hope everyone had fun!

No comments: