Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween

This year Holden was once again a dragon from How to Train your Dragon!!! He told me last year that he was going to be a dragon again this year, but I hoped that he would forget. Well I was the one who forgot that Holden NEVER forgets!!!!
When school started I asked Holden what he wanted to be this year, and he told me he was going to be a Gronckle from How to Train your Dragon. So for two months I lay in bed at night trying to figure out how I was going to make another dragon! Like the ZippleBack from last year, the head was the most difficult and important part of the costume.
Here is what I figured out during those sleepless nights, I think it turned out pretty well, but I am a bit biased.
Greta was a black kitty cat. It is nice to be the one who decides what she will be, I am sure I don't have much longer before she insists on some ridiculously difficult costume like her brother.
I forgot to make a tail for her costume, so I found the tail from the monkey costume and pinned it on. All night she kept telling people she had a monkey tail. I drew whiskers and a black nose on her, which she did not appreciate and from the moment I drew them on kept telling me that she needed to wash her face.
I hope you all had a great Halloween like we did.

No comments: