Yeah, I know this is a little late, but better late then never! Right?
On Chirstmas day we headed down to California to go to Disneyland! We stayed overnight in St. George after having Chistmas Soup with Noah's family. Then after a long day of instacare(to make sure Holden's cold was just a cold), a broken down car(Debbie's not ours), and a hunt to find a wigwham hotel, we finally made it to Riverside. We stayed the night at my cousin's where Holden had a great time playing with all of her kids Chirstmas toys. The next day we finally made it to the Happiest Place On Earth!

Disneyland goes all out with the Holiday decorations. Sleeping Beauties castle was dripping with snow and icicles which were beautiful at night.

The one ride Holden talked about going on before we left was the Dumbo Ride, so we did that one first. Here we are on the ride, a green one of course.

and here is Holden on the Dumbo they have after the ride, because you really can't get a good picture while on the ride.

The crowds were huge, and the lines were way too long for a 3 1/2 year old! Noah and I quickly decided that in order for Holden to ride all the rides, and not be too crabby about waiting in line, we had to split up. I would ride a ride with him while Noah waited in line for the next ride, then when our ride was done I would pass Holden to Noah, to ride that ride with him. So here is Noah and Holden in line for the Tea Cups while I get in line for the next one.

And here they are on the ride! Holden loved spinning around in the cup.

Before coming we asked Holden who he was excited to meet and he said "Woody" from Toy Story everytime. Luckily on our second day we just happened to be where Woody was meeting kids in California Adventure. Holden was a little nervous about actually meeting him.

Here is Holden and aunt Heather on one of the Bug's Life rides.

After two days in Disneyland, we headed to the beach to see the ocean, and get our toes wet. Holden had never been to the beach in CA, and hasn't touched the Pacific Ocean since he was 2 months old. The water was very cold, but we made him get his feet wet.

He loved playing in the sand drawing circles.

Here is our little family in the cold water!


Here is Holden's name, I know you really can't read it, but I was so proud because it was the first time he ever wrote it!

So those were our adventures in California. We all had a great time. It was so much fun to watch Holden at Disneyland, his face lit up on every ride and whenever we would see a character that he knew. But next time we are not going when the crowds are so huge!
2 comments:
How fun!! I had no idea you guys went to Disneyland. I never get to see you anymore now that Holden is a sunbeam!! I hope you aren't feeling too sick!!
I love Holden's face in the first picture. I didn't notice it at first. Joel always enlarges the pictures when he looks at them and that's when we saw it. We had a good laugh! I can't believe he is so sad at the happiest place on earth.
Post a Comment