Holden started 2nd grade on August 27th. He is doing great so far this year! His favorite part of school is recess, so I guess he is a normal 7 year old boy.
He picked out his first day of school shirt weeks in advance, he even hung it in a special place in his closet so he wouldn't wear it before school, but then on the first day of school he forgot where he had put it! Luckily mom remembered.
He has already gotten his first 100% on the first spelling test. And he lost one of his top front teeth, and the other is hanging by a thread! He lost the first one about a week before school pictures, and the other one was pretty crooked by then, so I can't wait to see his pictures!!!Greta started 3 year old preschool on Sept 6th. She loves it so far. She has 10 friends in her class now(it started with just 6 kids but each day a new kid shows up!) and two great teachers Miss Louise, and Miss Carol.
Holden graciously gave her his puppy backpack, for her to use in preschool. She goes two days a week and loves it.
She has already been able to bring show and tell,(she brought a baby pumpkin aunt Shauna grew, a peach, and bullseye from toy story) and can't wait to do it again, every day we go she grabs something else she wants to take to show her class, and I have to tell her we can't bring it until she has the sharing bag again. It is a co-op preschool, so I got to help out in her class last week, it was a lot of fun for both of us. My job was to play with play dough!!! She now asks if I am going to come with her everyday, but she doesn't have any problem saying goodbye when I drop her off, what a big girl.
Now that we have been in school for a few weeks, I think we are finally getting the school schedule down. Mornings have been going pretty smoothly. My goals this year are to not yell in the mornings, and to walk to school as much as possible, we have been doing really well so far! It makes for a much better day for everyone when mom is happy. I had to buy a new stroller, because Greta and Oliver do not both fit in the jogging stroller. I got a sit and stand one for Greta, she really likes it and so does Oliver because he can watch her the whole ride!
Oliver is still such a happy baby. I wonder what he thinks when he noisy siblings are gone and he just has mom and dad around. Noah and I have gone out to lunch a couple times while Greta is in school, it is so much easier with just one baby in a car seat, it reminds us of when Holden was little. I have been trying to tell Oliver that he needs to be the quiet sibling, but he has quickly been learning how to make loud noises from his sister! He loves to "talk" to us, and is trying really hard to figure out how his hands and arms work. So far he can get his hands to his mouth, but he can't control them enough to grab things on purpose yet.
So that is what is going on around here, my kids are growing up way too fast!
1 comment:
you must be over at twin peaks! That looks like Sagans 4 yr old preschool classroom!
Post a Comment